Sugar Houses Open for New York State Maple Weekend
ADIRONDACK REGION, NY (March, 2011) - New York State’s Maple Weekend offers an extra sweet way to enjoy early spring in the Adirondack Region March 26-27, as sugar houses across the New York State Park open their doors for tours, tastings and more.
Each year, the Adirondack Region produces one-third of New York State’s maple syrup. Discover "Liquid Gold" during spring’s premier Adirondack festival weekend with free tastings, tours and plenty of sugaring. Visit Adirondack Region sugar houses for a behind-the-scenes maple immersion. Top participating producers include:
· The Adirondack Coast’s Park Family Maple Farm is a fifth generation maple operation. Take a horse drawn wagon ride, enjoy a pancake breakfast, take a tour and make maple cream and candy. Brow’s Sugarhouse will be open for free tours during Maple Weekend.
· In the Adirondack Lakes Region, Friend Maple Products offers horse drawn wagon rides to the sugarbush, and samples of maple candy and ice cream. At Woods Maple Products, tours and boiling demos held.
· Tour and taste around the Adirondack Tughill Region at Golden Maple Shanty, Pierce’s Sugar Spigot, Wayne & Glenn Zehr and Swiss’er Sweet Maple.
· For a true Adirondack experience, Speculator’s McComb’s Oak Hill Farm staff will demonstrate tree tapping techniques and sap boiling.
· From Fine-n-Dandy in Norwood, to Rutley Maple Farms in Potsdam, the Adirondack Seaway’s list of maple festivities are sure to delight any sweet tooth.
· Lake George area maple festivities include a Winter Farmer’s Market, Sap to Syrup Maple Sugar Basics at Up Yonda Farm and town-wide sugaring demos and pancake breakfasts in Thurman.
· Lake Placid’s Cornell University Uihlein Forest will provide guided tours of the entire syrup process, from sugarbush to sugarhouse.
The Adirondack Region is a six-million-acre New York Park offering limitless recreation amid 2,000 miles of hiking trails and 3,000 lakes and ponds.
Part of the largest temperate forest in the world, the Adirondack Region is also home to 100 towns and villages. The Adirondack Region is a unique park offering year-round recreation and events. Search Adirondack vacation packages, events and images at VisitAdirondacks.com.